|Exam Details:||Indian Institute of Science|
Bengaluru-560012Phone No. 080-23606761, 23606762, 23606763, 23606764, 23606765Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore has announced the exam dates for online Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2016), which will be conducted in January, February 2016. The GATE will be held from Saturday, January 30, 2016 to Sunday, February 07, 2016.GATE is conducted annually for admissions to postgraduate programs (master’s and doctoral) in the country, with MHRD and other Government Scholarships, Assistantships in Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Science, is open to those who qualify in GATE. The GATE score is also used by some PSUs for their recruitment
|Eligibility:||Candidates in the following categories only are eligible to appear for GATE:|
· Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering, Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering, Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
· Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
· Bachelor’s degree holders of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
· Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
· Holders of four-year integrated master’s degree (post-B.Sc.) in Engineering, Technology and those in the second or higher year of such programs.
· Holders of five-year integrated master’s degree or dual degree in Engineering, Technology and those in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
· Holders of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B.Sc., M.Sc. degree and those in the final year of such programs
|How To Apply:||Application Procedure:|
· Candidates can apply online from Tuesday, September 01, 2015.
· The application fee is Rs. 750/- for women candidates, Rs. 750/- for the SC, ST, PwD category candidates and Rs. 1500/- for all others.
· The application fee can be paid either online or through e-challan (additional bank charges may apply). The application fee is non-refundable.
· The GATE examination consists of a single paper of 3-hour duration that contains 65 questions carrying a maximum of 100 marks.
· The question paper will consist of both multiple choice questions (MCQ) and numerical answer type questions.
· The examination for all the papers will be carried out in an online Computer Based Test (CBT) mode where the candidates will be shown the questions in a random sequence on a computer screen.
· The candidates are required to either select the answer (for MCQ type) or enter the answer for numerical answer type question using a mouse on a virtual keyboard (keyboard of the computer will be disabled).
· Candidates will be provided with blank paper sheets for rough work and these have to be returned back after the examination.
· At the end of the 3-hour window, the computer will automatically close the screen from further actions.
|Important Dates:||· Start date for online application: Tuesday, September 01, 2015.|
· Last date for online application: Thursday, October 01, 2015.
· Availability of admit card: Thursday, December 17, 2015.
· Date of GATE: Saturday, January 30, 2016 to Sunday, February 07, 2016.
· Announcement of Results: Saturday, March 19, 2016.